Year 3 2021 - 2022
Spring Term 2022
In the event of a period of self-isolation requiring learning that can be completed at home, Parents/Carers will receive an email with full details of the children’s assignments, tasks and teacher input.
Hello Sharks and Sea Otters,
Please could we remind you that the spelling tests will continue to be on a Friday. The children will need to bring their yellow spelling books in for this. Also, P.E will be on a Monday and Tuesday and Forest School on a Thursday, so they will need the correct clothing on these days.
Miss Owens and Mrs Cowan.
Spelling test: 28.01.22
(Yellow Spelling books are being brought home by children on a Friday afternoon. Please ensure that these books are returned to school ready for Spelling Tests to take place)
|Group 1 (homophones)||Group 2 (st)|
- Blue spellings are words that are topic words related to Ancient Egpyt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
General ideas for practising times tables:
We are currently going to be focusing on the 4 times tables.
- Say the multiples in order to the 12th multiple (e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8...24)
- Chant the times table you are learning (e.g. One two is 2, two twos are 4...)
- Write out the times table in order (1 x 2 = 2, 2 x 2 = 4...) then out of order. See if you can remember all the products (the answers)
- Start with a multiple and see if you can write the related division fact (12 ÷ 2 = 6)
- Draw an array and write the related times table and division facts
3 x 2 = 6 6 ÷ 2 = 3
2 x 3 = 6 6 ÷ 3 = 2
- Use Numbergym (details of how to log in are in the 'Useful Websites' section below)
Go to Table Trainer, where you can select the times table you want to practise
Please do continue reading with someone at home as often as possible as we are so proud of all the effort you have been putting into your reading so far this year.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display