Year 3 2020 - 2021
Week beginning 19th April 2021.
Hello Sharks and Sea Otters,
Welcome back to the Summer term! We hope you had a lovely Easter holidays and got lots of rest but also managed to enjoy some of the beautiful weather we were lucky to have.
Remember, Forest School takes place on a Tuesday afternoon, so you can come into school in your Forest School kit on this day. We also have PE on a Monday and Friday afternoon, so bring your PE kit with you for this too.
For the next few weeks, we are lucky to be having a cricket session on a Tuesday too, so please make sure you have your PE kit in school on Tuesdays!
Your spelling words can be found below. We will have a spelling test on these words on the first Monday after Easter.
You can all still continue to use Bug Club, alongside any reading books that you take home. The link to access Bug Club can be found in the 'Useful Links' section at the bottom of this page. Be sure to answer the questions along the way to earn those coins!
Mrs Stinson, Miss Owens and Mrs Evans
Spellings - w/c 19th April 2021
|Group 1 (prefixes)||Group 2 (ou)||Group 3 (oa/oe)|
General ideas for practising times tables:
- Say the multiples in order to the 12th multiple (e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8...24)
- Chant the times table you are learning (e.g. One two is 2, two twos are 4...)
- Write out the times table in order (1 x 2 = 2, 2 x 2 = 4...) then out of order. See if you can remember all the products (the answers)
- Start with a multiple and see if you can write the related division fact (12 ÷ 2 = 6)
- Draw an array and write the related times table and division facts
3 x 2 = 6 6 ÷ 2 = 3
2 x 3 = 6 6 ÷ 3 = 2
- Use Numbergym (details of how to log in are in the 'Useful Websites' section below)
Go to Table Trainer, where you can select the times table you want to practise
Please do continue reading with someone at home as often as possible as we are so proud of all the effort you have been putting into your reading so far this year.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Events items
There are no Events items to display