Year 3 - Sharks 2020 - 2021
23rd November 2020
I hope you have had a lovely weekend and managed to get outside in the sunshine (what there was of it!)
Please see the table below for this week's spellings. We will continue doing our spelling test each Monday and it is really clear that you have all been working so hard on your spellings, both at school and at home, which is fantastic.
This week, we'd like you to start practising your four times table. We will be starting this in class this week too, to help find some ways to remember and learn them, but for this week, start by counting in the multiples of four (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 etc) If you are able to remember these first six this week that would be absolutely brilliant! Try saying them forwards and backwards, keeping track of which multiple you are saying by using your fingers, or you could even write them out and try to put them in the correct order.
Please do continue reading with someone at home as often as possible as I am so proud of all the effort you have been putting into your reading so far this year.
As always Sharks, please do not worry about any of these tasks and if you have any questions or queries please do let me know, either in class or by asking your adult to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Remember to take a look on the Children's Acheivements page to see some of the brilliant work we have been doing!
w/c 23rd November 2020 - Focus: le/al endings / o-e
|Group 1||Group 2|
General ideas for practising times tables
- Say the multiples in order to the 12th multiple (e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8...24)
- Chant the times table you are learning (e.g. One two is 2, two twos are 4...)
- Write out the times table in order (1 x 2 = 2, 2 x 2 = 4...) then out of order. See if you can remember all the products (the answers)
- Start with a multiple and see if you can write the related division fact (12 ÷ 2 = 6)
- Draw an array and write the related times table and division facts
3 x 2 = 6 6 ÷ 2 = 3
2 x 3 = 6 6 ÷ 3 = 2
- Use Numbergym (details of how to log in are in the 'Useful Websites' section below)
Go to Table Trainer, where you can select the times table you want to practise
- - - - - - - - - - -
Year 3 - Sharks: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3 - Sharks: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3 - Sharks: Events items
There are no Events items to display