Year 3 - Sea Otters 2020 - 2021
22nd November 2020
Hello Sea Otters!
I hope you have had a good weekend and enjoyed today's sunshine!
Remember to have a look at the tab above with 'Children's Achievements' to see some photographs of our amazing Stonehenge work!
See below for next week's homework tasks including spellings. Remember that we will do a spelling test each Monday from now on. I am so pleased with how well you are all doing in your spelling tests - I think you must be working hard at home as well as at school, so keep up all the hard work!
If you have any queries or concerns, please do let me know.
Weekly homework tasks
We would like you to continue reading as often as possible with someone at home - your grown-ups or even a brother or sister!
Also, there are some spellings for you to learn which will be tested on a Monday each week. You will be told which set of spellings to learn next week.
Finally, please start to practise times tables – look at the ideas for this below. Next week, please start to work towards learning the four times table. Start this week by counting in multiples of four - we will look at these together in class and find ways to help us learn them. If you can remember the first six multiples of four this week, that would be great!
4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24
Try saying them forwards and backwards. Keep track of counting on your fingers. You could write them out on pieces of paper and then order them. Maybe a grown up could turn one over and see if you can say which number has been turned over!
General ideas for practising times tables
- Say the multiples in order to the 12th multiple (e.g. 5, 10, 15...)
- Chant the times table you are learning (e.g. One five is 5, two fives are 10)
- Write it out in order (1 X 5 = 5, 2 X 5 = 10) then out of order and see if you can remember all the products (the answers)
- Start with a multiple and see if you can write a division fact. (15 ÷ 5 = 3)
- Draw an array and write the related times table and division facts.
3 X 5 = 15 15 ÷ 5 = 3
- Use Numbergym (Username: meole Password: church) Go to 'Table trainer' where you can select the times table you want to practise.
w/c 23rd November Spellings
Focus: le/al endings o-e ir/er
Files to Download
Year 3 - Sea Otters: News items
Coronavirus Information and Guidance, by Mr Bray
Year 3 - Sea Otters: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3 - Sea Otters: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3 - Sea Otters: Events items
There are no Events items to display